In Victoria, all children have access to a quality early childhood education program for 15 hours a week in the year before they start school, to assist them to get ready to attend school the following year.
At Early Learning’s kindergarten service, your child will grow socially and emotionally. Their ability to think, use and recognise language and their fine motor skills will be developed through play, art, dance, music, movement and interacting with others.
Our kindergarten programs are designed to improve your child’s development in the following key areas:
- Social skills, such as how to make new friends and play with other children in a calm, sharing and rewarding way
- Becoming an effective learner by developing and extending communication skills
- Building self-confidence
- Self-awareness and respect for others
- Emotional skills, for example understanding their feelings
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills, such as reading stories and counting objects
- Exposure to new ideas and concepts.